Chicago Tri Club

Swim. Bike. Run. Play. 

• 08/10/2015 12:12 PM
    Message # 3473335

This September, the City of Chicago will welcome more than 8,000 of the world’s best triathletes as they compete for world titles over five days of competition at the 2015 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final and World Championships.  

Let's be a part of welcoming these athletes to Chicago and show the world what a wonderful city Chicago is for the sport triathlon!  Help ITU roll out the blue carpet by being a part of this event, representing CTC and the Chicago triathlon community!  

Volunteer slots are available all week, from the opening ceremony to the closing ceremony. ITU offers many perks to volunteering, including food, beverage, and the chance to win schwag for those that volunteer for at least 2 shifts!  In addition, CTC members earn your 3 RAV points for volunteering (add your name here), which can help earn you a prize at the Year-End Party in December!  

We especially encourage our members to be leaders in the community by volunteering for some of the Captain roles.  Since this is a week-long event, you can even sign up to volunteer even if you're racing in the Open Age Group race!  Be sure to represent CTC by sporting your CTC hats and visors while volunteering!

More information on volunteer roles and registration is available at chicago.triathlon.org/volunteer.  When you sign up to volunteer, let them know you're with CTC!  If we can recruit 25 volunteers, we'll have a tent in the athlete's village for Saturday's race!  

• 08/12/2015 4:59 PM
    Reply # 3477081 on 3473335

Hi Everyone,

I am a volunteer captain and need to recruit 30 volunteers.  When signing up to volunteer identify CTC (drop down) and RENEE YOUNG (spot provided in the sign up) so I get credit for volunteers.

I'm doing packet pick up Friday 5-9pm and on Saturday I'm doing finish line 9am-2pm & transition 2:30-7:15pm. You can volunteer in one of my areas or any area if mine don't fit your schedule.  Remember to enter RENEE YOUNG in spot provided under sign up. 

If anyone is interested in being a volunteer captain (you need to recruit 30 volunteers and sign up to be captain for a minimum of two areas) let me know and I will put you in touch with Richard to get it arranged.

Thanks!

Renee

• 09/01/2015 11:06 AM
    Reply # 3505326 on 3473335

I still need lots of volunteers. Please sign up with 2 or 3 of your friends.

Thanks!

Renee

• 09/08/2015 1:04 PM
    Reply # 3516013 on 3473335

If anyone wants to volunteer with me, I'm signed up for the following shifts:

• Thursday 9/17  5-10am: Elite Services
    • Friday 9/18 5:30-10am: Course Marshall
    • Saturday 9/19 10-3pm: Tri Fest/ Athlete's Village

I'm not a captain, so even if you're volunteering at one of my shifts, feel free to list Renee as your recruitment captain.  And of course reference CTC too!  

• 09/14/2015 12:29 PM
    Reply # 3526168 on 3473335
    Anonymous

ITU has a few special volunteer positions that they'd love to fill with members of the triathlon community for this week's races! They are the Paraplegic Triathlete Water Exit shifts and the Lake Shore Drive Carpet team.

To view and sign up for these shifts (and all other volunteer shifts) visit:
    http://bit.ly/2015volunteerpage

1: Lake Shore Drive Carpet Team: Each of the Elite Races will need a red carpet pulled across a particular stretch of Lake Shore Drive. The carpet will be pulled out and in within a minutes time and will allow the Elite Athletes just enough time to cross over. See the Elites and Jr. Champions up close and in action!
    9/17: 02:30PM-05:00PM - Jr. Men
    9/18: 12:30PM-03:00PM - Jr. Women
    9/18: 03:30PM-06:00PM - Elite Women
    9/19: 02:30PM-06:00PM - Elite Men

2: Swim Exit Support for our Paraplegic Triathletes: Our Para-triathletes need strong capable volunteers to help them as they exit the swim portion of their race. These shifts require a brief training. You won't find a more inspirational volunteer opportunity than this! To view and register for these shifts visit the link above and enter the password: 2015para
    9/16: 09:30AM-11:00AM - Training takes place 9/15: 3PM-4PM
    9/17: 08:00AM-08:45AM - Training takes place 9/15: 3PM-4PM
    9/19: 07:30AM-01:00PM - Training takes place at the start of the shift

Feel free to email Richard directly with questions: richard@chicago.triathlon.org. Thanks so much!

Thank you to our Supporters!

CBD 2010 logo      FOUR STAR ENDURANCE