Chicago Tri Club

Swim. Bike. Run. Play. 

Anticipating info about Galena Training Weekend (5/20/17)

• 05/07/2017 10:27 AM
    Message # 4819065
    Deleted user

Hello,

Maybe I missed it, but is there any new information about housing for the Galena Training Weekend?

Are people driving up Friday night or avoiding the hassle of post work coordination by coming up on Saturday?

How will ride sharing be set up? I registered for the event. I will have a roof rack set up on my car and can take another person and bike. If need be I could maybe take two extra people and two bikes if we put an additional trunk rack on. I have satellite radio and a GREAT sound system making touring a pleasure. 

I enjoy cooking for these events so please let me know who I will be sharing a house with so we can coordinate groceries.

An FYI for coordinators, I'm easier to reach using enduranceracer216@gmail.com rather than the Hotmail account listed in my membership.

Looking forward to a GREAT weekend with all attendees for this really cool training weekend.

Bob

Last modified: 05/07/2017 10:29 AM | Deleted user
  • 05/08/2017 8:41 AM
    Reply # 4820266 on 4819065

Hi Bob,

I'm afraid I don't have answers for all your questions, but I would like to take you up on the offer of a ride for my bike and me!  I think I understood that many if not most folks head out Friday.  I'm flexible on departure time, myself -- any time after noon Friday would work for me.

Thank you!
    Adam

• 05/08/2017 9:43 AM
    Reply # 4820368 on 4819065
    Deleted user

Hi Bob,

Just a reminder that you can change your email address in the Directory Profile! :) 

• 05/14/2017 9:42 AM
    Reply # 4832542 on 4819065
    Deleted user

Hi Bob,

From my past experience most, if not all, attendees get there on Friday. We do most of our riding on Saturday morning, and we start pretty early.

I have, however, waited until after rush hour to leave the city in the past. Of course, that means arriving in Galena in the late hours of the evening, but it was worth it for me to not have to deal with the traffic/hassle (once you're out of the city limits, though, traffic is pretty light).

This year, I took the day off of work and am leaving early in the day, though I know that isn't an option for everyone.

Ride sharing is set up just like this....via the forums and facebook: connecting with other members.

You should have gotten an email earlier this week with your housing assignment and and a Google Doc link for food sign-up for the party/BBQ on Saturday night.

Feel free to reach out to the people included in the email list for your house to coordinate groceries and the like!

Let me know if you have any other questions---looking forward to a great weekend of fun and riding!

Rita

Thank you to our Supporters!

CBD 2010 logo      FOUR STAR ENDURANCE